My husband is patient with the kids, fun, and always ready to help them. Even when it’s the middle of the night, and I’m way too tired to get up. He’s the one that makes me and the kids feel safe, protected, and loved. As much as people say a mom is the heart of the home… I think Dad is the rock. And because of that, his Father’s Day should rock. Here is a list of the best father’s day gift ideas.
THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU WANT TO READ THE FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY, CLICK HERE.
Before we get to the list of the best father’s day gift ideas for 2019, let’s talk about Father’s day, and how it compares to Mother’s Day.
I don’t know about where you live, but where I’m from, Father’s Day doesn’t seem to get as much attention as Mother’s Day. But why? A good father is an amazing gift from God that we should not take for granted… and that should be celebrated!
So this Father’s Day, let’s serve the Dad’s the same way we serve the Mom’s on Mother’s Day. Maybe not with quite so many flowers (unless he’s into that), but with just as much love, intention, and care.
On Father’s Day, our kids are going to let their Dad sleep in. We’re going to make him a special breakfast (probably with bacon), he’s going to get hugs from everybody, and home made cards from each kid.
On Mother’s Day, I want to be left alone for at least a portion of it… but I know my husband will want all of us around, laughing and having fun. So that is what we’re going to do.
And we’re going to eat lots of good food.
He doesn’t ask for a gift, and he doesn’t require one. But that’s what makes it so fun to give him one. Here is a list of gifts for the dad who wants nothing.
Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Because we’re all about intentional living (and giving) here, this list is going to be all things that will make Dad feel special, without contributing to clutter or poor health. Sorry, honey. No case of beer for Father’s Day this year!
1. The Counterman Collection. This is a men’s personal care collection by Beautycounter. Why do I suggest this? Men are more likely than women to be diagnosed with cancer, and the sperm count in men has decreased 50% over the last 25 years! That means something is going on in our lives and environment that is taxing not only women, but also men, in a big way! Beautycounter makes clean personal care products, and has a mission to revolutionize the personal care industry through science, politics, and safer options. Vote for health and safety with your dollars- and keep Dad looking great, at the same time with the Counterman collection.
2. Ceramic pour-over coffee cone (single serve) with unbleached filters. Have you ever considered what happens to plastic when it heats up in a coffee maker or keurig? Plastic degrades and toxins are released. When you think of a whole bunch of toxins swimming around in your morning coffee… it just doesn’t sound as good. Plastics are loaded with endocrin disruptors, and are best avoided. This single serve option is great!
4. Cafe Don Pablo Organic Coffee Beans. With his new coffee maker, Dad’s going to need some great coffee beans.
6. Sigg Swiss Water Bottle. This is a water bottle that looks like it is made for a man. And it’s free of BPA, phthalates, and all other nasties.
7. He Reads Truth Bible. This Bible comes equipped with reading plans for each book, key verses, an easy-read translation, and in general, was created to help men get in the Word. Different color and material options to suit any man.
8. A lunch bag made for men. Any man will feel confident and proud to carry this large capacity, Carhartt lunch box. It’s insulated, waterproof, and has loads of storage space. I’ll be getting my dad this black one, because he needs lots of space for his coffee thermos.
9. Travel Toiletry Kit. My husband has always thrown his toothrbush, deodorant, and whatever else in the bottom of our bags when we travel. It’s gross. It’s time for him to finally have his own toiletry travel bag for when we’re on the road.
10. 18 Piece Stainless Steel Barbecue Set With Carrying Case. What man wouldn’t feel like the king of the grill with this?
Whether you’re planning ahead, or find yourself scrambling for a last minute father’s day gift, I hope you found something helpful here!
Want to throw back to Mother’s day? Check out my letter to a mother here.